Beverages/Old bottles of cognac and whiskey

Question
Courvoisier
Courvoisier  

Canadian Club
Canadian Club  
I have some old bottles of liquor that I received from my grandmother. One of them is Canadian club with bottled in 1978 written on it. It is in great shape and still sealed. I know the liquor inside is not worth anymore, but is the bottle worth something? Same goes for a bottle of Courvoisier with no date on it. It too is still sealed, the only thing it says is imported by Bellows and co Ltd through the US virgin Islands. It also has a little printed medal say medalion d'or 1889 written on it.. Should I just crack them open? Or might they be worth something? Thank you for your time!

Answer
Hi Brian

Distilled spirits are so high in alcohol that they don't change much at all once they're bottled.  These are fine to drink, but won't have appreciated in value.

Because they are major brands, I doubt the bottles themselves will have interest among bottle collectors--but you caan aalways check with antiquebottles.com.  They're the experts in that field!

Hope that helps.

Paul Wagner

Beverages

Paul Wagner