Beverages/My Bras Arme Hennessy Cognac

Question
I have an un-opened bottle of Bras Arme Hennessy Cognac (4/5 pint) given to my late husband in the early 60's. (In short, I believe it's some 50 years old). Is this bottle of any value and, if so, approximately how much?

Frieda G.

Answer
HI Freda

This is nice Cognac (brandy from the Cognac region in southwest France) and is equivalent to the *** or VS designation that is now used:  not the best, but very good.  Retailers seem to be seling these for between $75 and $90, but of course you would get less.  

It's illegal for private citizens to sell alcoholic beverages in the USA, so you'd haave to sell it to a retailer--and you wouldn't get full price

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner

Beverages

Paul Wagner