Beverages/My Bras Arme Hennessy Cognac

I have an un-opened bottle of Bras Arme Hennessy Cognac (4/5 pint) given to my late husband in the early 60's. (In short, I believe it's some 50 years old). Is this bottle of any value and, if so, approximately how much?

Frieda G.

HI Freda

This is nice Cognac (brandy from the Cognac region in southwest France) and is equivalent to the *** or VS designation that is now used:  not the best, but very good.  Retailers seem to be seling these for between $75 and $90, but of course you would get less.  

It's illegal for private citizens to sell alcoholic beverages in the USA, so you'd haave to sell it to a retailer--and you wouldn't get full price

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.