Beverages/Ballantines Scotch Whisky

Question
Ballantines
Ballantines  

Ballantines
Ballantines  
Hello Paul, I was given a bottle of Ballantines 30 year old Scotch Whisky. I was told that the person that bought it on a trip to England had it put away for over 30 years before he passed away. The bottle has never been opened and still has its tax id # 423042614. So my guess is that this bottle is approx 70 years old or more right now. What do you think the value would be for this bottle.

Answer
HI Tony

I don't have great news.  Distilled spirits like this are so high in alcohol that they don't change much at all once they're in the bottle. The good news is that this should be perfectly fine to drink.  The bad news is that it won't have appreciated in value the way some fine wines do.  This is worth about what a current bottling is worth--maybe $30  or so?

Sorry that I can't give you more exciting news

Paul Wagner  

Beverages

Paul Wagner