Beverages/courvoisier de luxe 3 stars 1969

Question
Hello! My name is Mario Jelek and I have an old 0.7 l bottle of Courvoisier De luxe 3 stars from 1969, sealed and unopened, and I'm wondering how much it costs today? Some people were offering me a 1000 for a bottle, I bet it tastes soooo good! Thank You very much! Best regards

Answer
Hi Mario

This is very nice Cognac, but I have to tell you that distilled spirits like this are so high in alcohol that they don't improve with age in the bottle.  In fact, they don't change at all.  The good news is that this is perfectly good to drink.  The bad news is that it hasn't appreciated in value the way some fine wines do.  It's worth about what a similar bottle today would cost at a shop--perhaps $50-75 US.

But if you have someone who is willing to pay much more than that for the bottle, sell it to them!

Paul Wagner

Beverages

Paul Wagner