Beverages/Value of a bottle of wine

I have a bottle of Domaine De La Meynarde Cotes du Rhone  Rouge  1971.  I have had it for 20 years at least.  The paper seal has fallen off, but it has never been opened.  Just curious whether it might be of value.

Hi Beverly

This was a nice wine when it was released, but it was never meant to age this long.  It is now tired, thin, and over the hill.  I'm afraid that it won't have any value on the market.  It won't hurt you to try it, and it still may have a bit of charm, but it's not going to make you even a little bit richer.

Sorry that I don't have more exciting news for you

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.