Beverages/Value of a bottle of wine

Question
I have a bottle of Domaine De La Meynarde Cotes du Rhone  Rouge  1971.  I have had it for 20 years at least.  The paper seal has fallen off, but it has never been opened.  Just curious whether it might be of value.

Answer
Hi Beverly

This was a nice wine when it was released, but it was never meant to age this long.  It is now tired, thin, and over the hill.  I'm afraid that it won't have any value on the market.  It won't hurt you to try it, and it still may have a bit of charm, but it's not going to make you even a little bit richer.

Sorry that I don't have more exciting news for you

Paul Wagner  

Beverages

Paul Wagner