Beverages/alte ernte..Malt ??

Hi Paul

I have no idea what is this , can u kindly advise . this is found in the  cellar of my late mother in law, a German Lady..
I do not drink.. n have no experience .
what i find strange is .. the bottle is not opened at all, but i can see there are some evaporated ( correct?? the liquid mark in the bottle seems so ??)

an old bottle ...0.7L, 38%vol...

can u advise if it is still drinkable .. n if it can be sold under this condition , value ??

appreciate yr advice.

Hi Lynn

This is ANOTHER kind of distilled spirit--this one from grain. Again this is still good to drink ( nothing bad can live in 38% alcohol!) but it won't have appreciated in value the way some fine wines do.

Sorry that I can't give you more exciting news.

Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.