Beverages/Charmeux ..Erlesener, alter weinbrand ??

Hello Paul

found this bottle in the cellar .. about 40 yrs old after my mother in law pass away

Ganner Würburg...( bottled here??
38% vol

could u advise if there is value n drinkable ??
from German writting , specially botteld for my father in law
( I blank out my Father in law Name )
Kindly advise

Hi Lynn

This is a kind of brandy, and is distilled up to 38% alcohol.  At that level the alcohol is so high that it doesn't change much once is goes into the bottle.  So this one is still good to drink ( nothing bad can live in 38% alcohol!) but it won't have appreciated in value the way some fine wines do.

Sorry that I can't give you more exciting news.

Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.