Beverages/E.Remy Martin

Question
E.Remy martin
E.Remy martin  

E.Remy martin
E.Remy martin  
i have a bottle that belong to my grandfather.
i try to translate from french to englis it says something like this.
E Remy Martin & CO Cognac Grande Champagne very old ages unknown product of france.
with a lable that says has been served at the royal banquet ofered to ther magesties King George VI and Elizabeth at their chateau Versalles on july 21st 1938.

HOW MUCH COULD IT BE WORTH ??

Answer
Hi Ursu

What a treat!  That's an historic bottle you have there!  Of course, distilled spirits like Cognac are so high in alcohol that they don't change much, for better or worse, once they go in the bottle.  So the good news is that your Cognac is still perfectly good to drink.  The bad news is that it hasn't appreciated in value the way some fine wines do. This is worth about what a nice bottle of Cognac would be worth today--maybe $100 or so.

But the bottle itself might be worth more.  Check with the nice guys at antiquebottles.com to see if this bottle is a favorite among bottle collectors.

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner

Beverages

Paul Wagner