Beverages/Unopened bottle of 6.5 fluid oz Gilbeys gin

Question
Bottle
Bottle  
I have an unopened bottle of 6.5 fluid oz Gilbeys gin, bottle is marked on bottom with year 1941, noted on label that is is by appointment of the late king George V. I have kept as was gift from and elderly aunt and want to know if this is worth keeping (value wise)?

Answer
Hi Vanessa

Distilled spirits like this don't change much for better or for worse, once they are in the bottle. So the good news is that this should be fine to drink. The bad news is that it won't have appreciated in value the way some fine wines do.  This one is worth about what a current bottling would be worth...something under $30.

If it were mine I would drink it or give it to someone who would enjoy it.

I am sorry that I can't give you more exciting news.

Paul Wagner  

Beverages

Paul Wagner