Beverages/Appraisal of old bottle of Rum

Trocadero 1890 Rum
Trocadero 1890 Rum  

Trocadero 1890 Rum
Trocadero 1890 Rum  
I have in my possession an old bottle of Trocadero Rum Superior from CUBA. It has on the label "Private Stock 1890" 4/5 quart  90 proof  Distilled and Bottled by'Destiladora de Licores Cubanos, S.A. HAVANA.
Republica de CUBA  - and on the back is a label saying: SOLE DISTRIBUTORS IN U.S.A. PICKER-LINZ-IMPORTERS, INC. NEW YORK. N.Y.

I will attempt to attach a photo of this as well. Can you advise me if there is a value to this bottle and what it might be? And if there is a significant value where would I take it to make it official?

Hi Scott

Distilled spirits like this rum are so high in alcohol that they don't chang much, for better or for worse, once they go in the bottle.  The good news is that this is fine to drink. The bad news is that it won't have appreciated in value the way some fine wines do. It's worth about what a good bottle of rum is worth today~under $50 I'd say.

Sorry that I can't? Gove you more exciting news...

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.