Beverages/J&F Martell Cordon Bleu

I have the bottle in the box with tissue paper lying down in at dark dry closet. Blue and silver top, red ribbon, blue and cream colored label. MI tax sticker is 8 digits and the fed tax sticker is also 8.4/5 quart, 80 proof. Browne-Vintners, NY
I know it is before 1964.
The questions are what is it worth and what is the best way to sell it?
The box is worn and the tissue paper is torn. The bottle is unopened and in very good shape, no tears on the labels nor the tax stickers

Hi Brent

Distilled products like this are so high in alcohol that they don't change much, for better or for worse, once they are bottled.  The good news is that this is perfectly good to drink.  The bad news is that it won't have appreciated in value the way some fine wines do.  This isn't worth much more than a currently bottling of a similar product--something less that $60 or so.

It's illegal for private citizens to sell alcohol in the USA, so you'd have to work through a retailer or auction house--and they would take a significant commission.

If it were mine, I would share it with family or friends, or give it to someone who might enjoy nice Cognac

Sorry that I can't give you more exciting news

Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.