Beverages/1960 Seagrams V.O. Candian whiskey

Hi i have recently found a bottle Seagrams V.O. Canadian whiskey in a 1/10 pint bottle still sealed with the serial number and the tax seal on top of the bottle it is unopened and unbroken and I was just wondering how much it would be worth.

Hi Lane

Distilled products like this are so high in alcohol that they don't change much,  for better or worse,  once they are in the bottle.  The good news is that yours is fine to drink.  The bad news is that it hasn't appreciated the way some fine wines do.  It isn't worth much more than the same stuff today.

But small bottle are sometimes collectible beyond the value of the liquor. Check with the nice people at to see about that.

Sorry I can't give you more exciting news, but at least this is fine to drink!

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.