Beverages/Chivas Regal age

Question
Front of Chivas Regal Bottle
Front of Chivas Regal  
Hello,
I was given a bottle of Chivas Regal at least 25 years ago. It is labeled 12 years old & never been opened. There is a tax stamp on it that has the I.D. 1-549 or I-549 on one side of the stamp. On the other side there is a number-004740025. I cannot determine the age. Hoping you could. I will attach a photo if it would help.
I also need to know, as old as it is, is it still good? I know some wine is still good as it ages and some wine turns to vinegar if not used. Have no knowledge of whisky.
Thanks for your time,
Jan

Answer
HI Jan

Distilled spirits like this are so high in alcohol that they don't change much, for better or for worse, once they're in the bottle. The good news is that this is fine to drink.  The bad news is that it hasn't appreciated in value the way some fine wines do.  It's worth about what a current bottling is worth.

Hope that helps. If it were mine, I would either drink it or give it to someone who might enjoy it.

Paul Wagner  

Beverages

Paul Wagner