Beverages/Wiser's Oldest Canadian Whisky 1959

I have a bottle of Wiser's Oldest Canadian Whisky distilled in 1959. Can you estimate the value of this bottle?

Hi Bret

Distilled spirits like this are so high in alcohol that they don't change much, for better or for worse, over time. The good news is that this should be fine to drink.  The bad news is that it won't have appreciated in value the way some fine wines do.

It's worth about as much as a current bottle of decent Scotch is worth...but probably not more than $50.

Sorry that I don't hwve more exciting news for you.

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.