Beverages/Dom Benedictine age

Please can you identify the age of this bottle that once belonged to my grandfather..please advise... Sell , drink or throw out ?

HI Wendy

Dom Benedictine is a blended product, so they do not date the bottles, partly because they do not want consumers trying to find one bottling over another.  Their goal is to produce something that is consistent from year to year without differentiation.

That said, this product is so high in alcohol that it doesn't change much, for better or for worse, once it's in the bottle.  The good news is that yours should be perfectly fine to drink.  The bad news is that is won't have appreciated in value the way some fine wines do.  This is worth about what a current bottling is worth.  

That's a long answer to your question, but I hope it helps.  

Drink up!

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.