Beverages/Walker's DeLuxe Bourbon

I was given a bottle of Walkers deluxe bourbon still sealed with tax stamp #25376627, brewed from Peoria, IL.
It is 86 proof 8 years old.
The date on the bottom of bottle is  1975 and it is the license plate bottle with the original box that is opened  with the label of "Autos of the East" 1920-1930.
The bottle is still full and does this have any value.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Greg

Distilled spirits like this are so high in alcohol that they don't change much, for better or for worse, once they are in the bottle.  The good news is that this one should be perfectly good to drink.  The bad news is that it won't have appreciated in value the way some fine wines do.  It's worth about the same as a current bottling: maybe $35 or so.

But the bottle itself may be worth more than the liquor inside.  Check with the nice people at  they know which of these bottlings are now collectible...and often worth far more as "bottles" than as bourbon.

Hope that helps.

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.