Found a bottle of RIPPLE , what is it? Pretty neat bottle. Says E&J GALLO WINERY. MODESTO, CALIF

HI Phyllis

Ripple is a product developed by the Gallo family in Modesto for those who want a sweet, fruity wine that is easy to drink.  It is best consumed when it is young, and quite chilled.  If your bottle has been around for a while, it may have lost a lot of its charm.

When released this was not an expensive wine, and it doesn't have any track record for appreciating in value as it ages.

Hope that helps!

Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.