Beverages/Value of a Old Cognac

Question
Bottle
Bottle  

Bottle
Bottle  
I have a full unopened bottle of Courvoisier that has V.O under the neck. The Crest Has "By Appointment, Purveyors of Congac Brandy To The Late King George VI Courvoisier LTD"

the label say "COURVOISIER - Some Words in French and the under that it says "THE BRANDY OF NAPOLEON" - COGNAC'

IT IS 42% AND 72 CTL. pRODUCE IN fRANCE.

I have seen similar bottles but not this exact one.
Any info I am trying to sell the bottle if there is any value.
Thank you.

Answer
HI Jimmy

Distilled spirits like this are so high in alcohol that they don't change much, for better or for worse, once they are in the bottle.  The good news is that this one should be perfectly good to drink.  The bad news is that it won't have appreciated in value the way some fine wines do.  It's worth about the same as a current bottling: maybe $35-50 or so.

The note on the bottle about George VI means that it was bottled and labeled around 1951 or two...just before or after Queen Elizabeth II was crowned....

Hope that helps.

Paul Wagner  

Beverages

Paul Wagner