Beverages/B&B DOM Benedictine

Question
B&B DOA
B&B DOA  

has import label still in tact
has import label still  
Paul, I have a bottle of this liquor and I'm wanting your opinion on it. How do you tell it's age and value? 375 ml 86 proof 23/32 pint

It does not say 23/32 quart

Thanks

Answer
Hi Michael

I am a fan of B&B, and I am happy to see you enjoy it as well.  Distilled products like this are so high in alcohol that they don't change much, for better or worse, once they are in the bottle.  The good news is that this is perfectly fine to drink--should be good. The bad news is that it hasn't appreciated in value the way some fine wines do. It is worth about what a current bottling is worth:  maybe $25 or so. The age doesn't really matter.

As for how old it is, that's a more complicated problem.  They go to great lengths to make this difficult to determine, because they don't want consumers trying to "cherry pick" one bottling over another.  In fact, the date doesn't have an impact on value, and it doesn't really have an impact on flavor or quality.

I hope that helps.

Paul Wagner  

Beverages

Paul Wagner