Beverages/wwII BOLS un-opened 4 compartment liqeur bottle.

Hi,I was wondering if there's much value to this bottle i acquired 15 years ago from a nice lady in VT. whose husband returned from the war in Europe in 1945. IT has all the glass stoppers on wrapped in the original papers and labels and tags still on it.Has a label from Shannon airport free of duty on it also!I would appreciate any info and value about this and where to sell it to collectors of this. Thanks Kevin

Hi Kevin

I don't have great news for you.  These products are so high in alcohol that they don't change much, for better or for worse, in the bottle.  The good news is that they're fine to drink.  The bad news is that they haven't appreciated in value the way some fine wines do.

I've seen these for sale on ebay for under $30...So I would go ahead and drink them...or give them to someone who might enjoy them.

Sorry that I can't give you more exciting news.

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.