Beverages/Looking for......

I am looking for a bottle of 1974 crown royal, my girlfriend accidentally opened her husbands bottle not realizing it and we are now looking for a bottle to replace it.  Do you have any idea of where we might be able to start looking for one?

Hi Sherri

There is a site that specializes in selling older bottles of whisky.  Check out this:

But it may be complicated to get that delivered to you in Canada, since the site is in the UK.  You are hampered by the local liquor laws in Ontario.

The other option is keeping your eyes open on eBay.  While it is illegal to sell alcohol on eBay, they sometimes older bottles to be sold as "collectibles, not for consumption."

It's worth a shot.  I wish you luck.  The good news is that if you find one, the bottle shouldn't be too expensive--somewhere between about $45 and $100.

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.