Beverages/Cafe Bebnedictine

Question
I recently acquired an unopened bottle of Cafe Benedictine (Coffee Liqueur and Benedictine) 23/32 QUART 60 PROOF. It has the label Julius WILE Sons & Co. Inc. on the neck of the bottle.
Is it still manufactured? Is it available on a secondary market? When was it last produced? What is its current approximate value? What is its shelf life? Will it go bad? Does is get better with age? Thanks for any info that you can provide.

Answer
Hi Bill

I had to do a little research on this one.  This product was introduced in the 1970's, but they stopped making it years ago.  There doesn't seem to be a secondary market for it~ I've seen a few bottles on ebay, but only for about $25.

In general, high alcohol products like this don't change much once they are bottled, and so don't appreciate in value the way some fine wines do.  I wouldn't think that you could sell this for much money, even if that were legal in the US.

Sorry that I can't give you more ecciting news.

Paul Wagner

Beverages

Paul Wagner