Beverages/old German bottle

Question
bottle
bottle  

label
label  
My grandfather gave this to me and I'm prey sure it's from the war.  I'm just looking for information about it.

Answer
Hi Devin

It's a nice old bottle from a plum brandy distillery in Germany.  (It's also known as Slivovice in Czech.)  And it looks like it has some kind of lemoncello in it now---a nice Italian touch!

I haven't seen these bottles become very collectible over the years.  The plum brandy is not something that connoisseurs search out, and that often has an effect on the empty bottles as well.

But you also might try asking the nice people at antiquebottles.com.  They are the true experts in old bottles (my expertise is in beverages, not the containers!) and they can certainly give you the latest info.

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner  

Beverages

Paul Wagner