Beverages/old German bottle

My grandfather gave this to me and I'm prey sure it's from the war.  I'm just looking for information about it.

Hi Devin

It's a nice old bottle from a plum brandy distillery in Germany.  (It's also known as Slivovice in Czech.)  And it looks like it has some kind of lemoncello in it now---a nice Italian touch!

I haven't seen these bottles become very collectible over the years.  The plum brandy is not something that connoisseurs search out, and that often has an effect on the empty bottles as well.

But you also might try asking the nice people at  They are the true experts in old bottles (my expertise is in beverages, not the containers!) and they can certainly give you the latest info.

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.