Beverages/COURVOISIER COGNAC GIFT BOX

Question
Napoleon
Napoleon  

Baccarat  Stamp
Baccarat Stamp  
I have a brand new never opened BACCARAT DECANTER - COURVOISIER COGNAC GREEN VELVET GIFT BOX that I would like to sell, where can I sell it and for how much?
Thank You for your time.

Answer
Hi Al

This is lovely Cognac, and the decanter is pretty darn nice, too.  I've seen these for sale for around $450-500 in various place.  But it is illegal for private citizens to sell alcoholic beverages in the USA.  That means that technically you need to work through a retailer or an auction house to sell this, and they will take a significant commission---often 30%.  That makes selling this a little less attractive.

But it's a rare bottling, and it's not as if you can find a buyer through your local classified ads.  You might try offering to trade it to a fine wine and spirits store, and see if they will give you the equivalent value in wines for you to drink.

Hope that helps.  It is a lovely Cognac.

Paul Wagner  

Beverages

Paul Wagner