Baccarat  Stamp
Baccarat Stamp  
I have a brand new never opened BACCARAT DECANTER - COURVOISIER COGNAC GREEN VELVET GIFT BOX that I would like to sell, where can I sell it and for how much?
Thank You for your time.

Hi Al

This is lovely Cognac, and the decanter is pretty darn nice, too.  I've seen these for sale for around $450-500 in various place.  But it is illegal for private citizens to sell alcoholic beverages in the USA.  That means that technically you need to work through a retailer or an auction house to sell this, and they will take a significant commission---often 30%.  That makes selling this a little less attractive.

But it's a rare bottling, and it's not as if you can find a buyer through your local classified ads.  You might try offering to trade it to a fine wine and spirits store, and see if they will give you the equivalent value in wines for you to drink.

Hope that helps.  It is a lovely Cognac.

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.