Beverages/Camus Napoleon Cognac

Camus bottle front
Camus bottle front  

Camus bottle rear
Camus bottle rear  
I have a bottle of cognac, Camus Napoleon, that I received from an uncle that passed away. The bottle is sealed (intact), and it is in excellent condition. It was always stored in a closed cabinet. The bottle is serialized, number 192391. I am curious as to the value. It is 750mL, and I can not find a similar cognac on sale locally. Pictures are attached.

Hi Peter

yep.  This is nice Cognac.  it's not their top of the line, but it's quite tasty.  Because distilled spirits are so high in alcohol, they don't change much over time, for better or worse.  So the good news is that this is fine to drink.  The bad news is that it hasn't appreciated in value the way some fine wines do.  It's worth about what a current bottling is worth--maybe around $60-75. The Napoleon designation is a bit like a reserve--made from stocks twenty years old or so,

It's a nice story behind the brand.  Camus is family owned, and the fifth generation is now running the company---but don't think they are a small operation.  They are one of the biggest producers of Cognac in France.  

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.