Beverages/Empty decanter

Question
Hi I research and try to value items for a charity shop and have been given a decanter to value and am stuck.
It seems like lead crystal, very heavy and on the label is AS2307 [limited edition number] and Napoleon Old Liqueur Cognac with a metal tag at the neck with full details of the cognac. Unfortunately the decanter is empty, but wondered if there was any or what the value may be. Thank you
Regards Tracey

Answer
Hi Tracey

Napoleon is now used as a special designation in Cognac, meaning that the elements of the blend must be at least twenty years old.  That makes it both rare and valuable.  Many different houses make a Napoleon Cognac, from Remy-Martin and Courvoissier to much smaller producers.  

It's often bottled in special decanters, but if they are truly expensive those are usually marked with the crystal company's logo, whether that be Lalique or Waterford.  Without that branding, your decanter is probably not collectible, and would have a value of something like $30-50US.

You might send a photo and ask the nice people at antiquebottles.com.  They are really experts in this area...

Hope that helps.

Paul Wagner

Beverages

Paul Wagner