Beverly Hills 90210/convo at the store

Question
im re-watching Season 1 and am watching "Every dream has its price (tag)." i was wondering if you could tell me what kelly tells brenda in the store when brenda shows her the vest. i hear something like, "this is so DAF..one hundred percent silk. brenda, youve got to have it." please look it up cuz the quality i found isnt so good

Answer
Hi Kayla,

What Kelly says to Brenda when she shows her the vest is, "Ooh, this is Death. 100 percent silk? Bren, you have to have it." A 90's term like that basically implies that the item is 'to die for' or 'so intensely awesome that it should be lethal'.  I often thought she says "def", which meant "cool" or "dope" back then, but it's "death".  

Thanks for the question!

All the best,

Mel

Beverly Hills 90210

Mel