Beverly Hills 90210/song changes

i understand that the music on the original episodes are different from the dvd box sets at the store. im watching the episode "the first time," and before i did, i saw a clip of it on YouTube. in the clip, the bottom right corner of the screen had a tv channel caption(TV Tropolis), so i figured it was the original episode aired. in this clip, the song played after cheryl and brandon sleep together is "in the mood". in the episode im watching from, the song is different. does this mean that the clip on youtube was the original and the one im watching is the dvd box set version? how can i tell if the episodes offered to watch online are the original episodes with the original music or the ones off the dvd box sets??

Hi Kayla,

I find that most of the original episodes and music seem to be forever burned into my brain so I can usually tell by the song that is playing for most clips I've seen online.  If I happen to stumble upon a scene I'm not 100% sure of based on the music then I look for other "clues" like for example, the TvTropolis sign you mentioned or any other network names are almost certainly going to be the original episodes as aired on tv.  Seeing no watermark at all usually points towards it being the DVD version unless someone cropped the network name off :)

If you're ever not sure, I could probably help you identify whether its the original aired episode or dvd version so feel free to hit me up for the info:)

Hope that helps:)

Beverly Hills 90210

I have been a fan of Beverly Hills, 90210 since 1990 when the series first debuted on television. Every Thursday I had my ritual of watching the show as it was airing on television and also recording it on VHS videotape. I accumulated at least twenty of these recorded videos and would later watch them so often that they ended up being so worn out that they wouldn't play properly anymore. I currently have all ten seasons along with the special "Final Goodbye" episode and I still do watch them often enough to be able to answer any question relating to characters, guest stars, story lines, and the original music played during episodes. I am confident that I would be able to answer any question with regards to the show and consider myself an expert on all things Beverly Hills, 90210.

I have been a loyal fan of this show for many years and have had many discussions with other fans with regards to all aspects of the series from story lines, regular characters, guest stars, music and various other topics relating to the show. I have also submitted corrections to questions that have been asked on this site and thus consider myself an asset to the Beverly Hills, 90210 Experts community.

After having been a fan of the show for over two decades I feel I've earned an unofficial PhD in Know-it-all-ogy when it comes to Beverly Hills, 90210 and I am confident that I would pass any test on any subject relating to the show with flying colors.