Beverly Hills 90210/90210 info

Question
1. Is the new 90210 show ending after the 5 or 6th season?
2. Do you think they will have a "nice" ending for the original characters even if they are only mentioned? Like maybe a happy ending for Donna and David getting back together?
3. Why isn't Darren Star working on this series?
4. Will any of the original cast members guest star in the last episode or direct any new episodes?
5.  What about a reunion show? And what do you think will happen to Erin in the story? She is David's sister right? How is she related to Kelly and David any how? How old was Jackie when she was born?
6. Are any of the original producers working on the "new" show?
7. What about any reunion shows for the whole 90210 franchise: Including Models inc and both Melrose Place shows?" Thanks Lisa!

Answer
Kristine,

I hope you do not mind but I closed the duplicate questions and will try to answer them here.

As far as the new 90210 goes, I do have an update on the fate of the show and sadly it appears to have been cancelled according to the following info I found online:

The Associated Press
Published Thursday, Feb. 28, 2013 8:21PM EST

LOS ANGELES - The countdown is under way for the end of the TV series "90210."

The CW network announced Thursday that the show will wrap in May after five seasons. That means it will have half the run of its inspiration, "Beverly Hills, 90210," which aired on Fox from 1990 to 2000.

Like the original, the CW series followed the lives of Beverly Hills teenagers from high school and beyond. Its cast includes Shenae Grimes, Tristan Wilds and AnnaLynne McCord.

The CW says seven episodes are left to air, with the finale set for 9 p.m. Monday, May 13.

Network President Mark Pedowitz says CW is proud of the "West Beverly High alumni."

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/90210-to-end-its-5-year-run-in-may-1.1176955

With regards to the question you asked about whether or not any of the original producers had worked on the show, I was able to find an extremely informative set of interviews with some of the original show's producers/directors.  It only vaguely mentions Darren Star but is still worth checking out as they all give insight on their involvement and opinions in certain major story lines as well as other not so well known details revolving mostly around the original series but totally worth reading.

http://teendramawhore.com/exclusive-interviews/

Thats all I was able to find and while all the questions weren't answered, I hope you are satisfied with my response:)

Beverly Hills 90210

Lisa