Beverly Hills 90210/saxophone music

Question
Hi!

I am just wondering if there is any chance of finding out about the saxophone music which is played in some of the episodes. I don't know if they are "real songs", or just something made just for the show but I thought I'd just ask an expert ;)

In the episode: "stand (up) and deliver" there is a song that they play in Brandon's election video. No words, just a melody.

In the episode "Dead end" there is a saxophone melody playing when Dylan's father is showing them the boat.

Thank you so much in advance for your help, even if you don't have the answer :)

Answer
Hi Sarah,

Oh, how I would love to know the definitive answer to this!  Even just for the electric guitar and saxophone-laden segments that are so fondly associated with the show (sorry, Peach Pit AfterDark).  

The two main composers for Beverly Hills 90210, especially during the earlier years:

Jay Gruska
Gary S. Scott

If not produced by one of them, this type of music would have come as part of a sound package offered through one of the companies that the series did business with:

Transition Music (http://www.transitionmediacompany.com/transition-music/)
Todd-AO Scoring Stage
Glen Glenn Studios (http://www.glennsound.com/)

There may have been a lot of custom-tailored musical scoring as well.

The Todd-AO Scoring Stage has since closed down.  They also did post-production audio work at Laser Pacific, which has since been acquired by Technicolor, so it's probably no longer under that name.

Hope this helps.  Thanks for the question!

All the best,

Mel

Beverly Hills 90210

Mel