Beverly Hills 90210/Dylan and ownership of peach pit restaurant - not after dark

Question
Does dylan ever sell his stake in the peach pit restaurant? Not the actual after dark but the restaurant when he bailed nat out buying his cousin's half? When dylan is in rehab he sells his share of the after dark to rush but does he still own a stake in the restaurant? If so, does he always? If not, when did he sell the peach pit restaurant? Thanks!

Answer
Hi Jason,

Yes, he does.  And then later buys the building.

This is an excellent question.  Ultimately, I'm going to side with the idea that when Dylan relinquished his investment in the AfterDark he also gave up half ownership of the Peach Pit restaurant.  

When Willie, Nat, and Steve visit him in rehab in S5, it's said simply that, "Investing isn't something you want to be doing now anyway".  This could apply to one investment or both, just like Nat and Steve's earlier conversation about how Nat's "ticker can't take no more" and he "has to take care of himself".  

In Season 6, when Brandon "closes up the place" for Dylan after he leaves town, he makes no mention of any business affairs at the Pit.  Similarly, in 6x24's "Coming Out, Getting Out, Going Out", Valerie mentions to Colin that she only owns the business side of the AfterDark and may not be able to make his bail - confirmation that she didn't buy out Dylan's half of the restaurant.  A bit later, in "Ray of Hope", Colin's bondsman explains that he has a legal right to collect any debts from Nat as well, since it's his money that helped secure the equity necessary to build the AfterDark.  No mention is made of Dylan (not that the show would necessarily be so responsible as to do so if he did have a stake), and one might argue that if his money was still involved, the threat of a $100,000 loss wouldn't be quite so grave.

In 8x11, "Deadline", Noah bails out David when the AfterDark is foreclosed upon and he ends up owning the building that houses The Peach Pit and the AfterDark.  Next season, he falls short on payments (9x19, "The Leprechaun").  Dylan steps in and buys off the mortgage at the bank directly to stop Noah from closing Nat down and selling to a higher bidder, Scarlet Moon restaurant.   

So, as of mid-S9, Dylan owns the building and Mr. Bussichio is his tenant.  He leaves Nat to run the Peach Pit and Noah to run the club, but he'll "make the big decisions".  This explains why we see Dylan in the back room in episodes like 9x23 ("The End of the World As We Know It") and 10x17 ("Doc Martin").  

In other words, he must have at some point no longer held a stake in either the restaurant nor the club.  The foreclosure drama and the Peach Pit's lease being up in Season 9 did not involve him.  Dylan, instead, inserted himself back into the situation to save a friend and find some direction in his life.

Thanks for the question!

All the best,

Mel  

Beverly Hills 90210

Mel