Bible Studies/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Psalm 106:204/23/2017Scott Talbot
  Q: Guess who? You got it! First try! Well, my question is in Psalm 106:20. I remember when the ppl made ...
  A: A calf is the name of a baby ox. In Exodus, it's called a calf. In the Psalm 106 passage, it's ...
Christian Values4/4/2017Edward Bode
  Q: Mr. Bode, I am curious about Christian values. In the New Testament, Jesus spoke many wise things, ...
  A: Scholars recognize, as you comment, that many teachings of the OT are transformed in the NT. This ...
Mental health medicine3/4/2017Jim Miller
  Q: I have been struggling with understanding the Greek word Pharmakeia (Strongs 5331) as found in the ...
  A: Short answer, pharmakeia means use of herbal and chemical preparations, usually taken by mouth, but ...
Pharmakeia3/4/2017Dr. Shirley Cheng
  A: Danne, Thank you for your Bible question, which I'm happy to answer below. You asked: I have been ...
1 Enoch 19:22/24/2017Jim Miller
  Q: Greetings, I am wondering if you have any knowledge in regards to the text sources we have available ...
  A: I found one other that says they will become judges (or judged). "Sirens" is an emendation. Sirens ...
"Ye men of Israel"2/4/2017Elisabeth DeWald
  Q: Elisabeth, Thank you ! Acts ch 2 v 14 Peter addresses the people as "Ye men of JUDAEA". This I ...
  A: The main problem with any of the gospels is that we have none of the originals, and thus thru eons ...
Romans 10:13 - For whosoever will - clause1/30/2017Scott Talbot
  Q: Scott, I WAS in the UPCI Oneness Pentecostals and got out of it. Believe in salvation by grace ...
  A: Good morning, Gregory. If I understand your question correctly, you're asking what is the ...
Romans 10:13 - For whosoever will - clause1/25/2017J. Webb Mealy
  Q: W. Mealy, PS: I am in the Air Force deployed away from home and my Greek NT, Hebrew Bible, ...
  A: I'm afraid your question can't be answered as posed. One might expect the KJV use of "whosoever" to ...
Acts 4:311/11/2017Rev C.Brian Ross
  Q: Can you please tell me if the filling of the Holy Spirit in Acts 4:31 is an experience that can be ...
  A: May I commence with an apology for not having responded more quickly, and an explanation for not ...
luke 6:3012/27/2016Pastor Don Carpenter
  Q: "And from him who takes away your goods, do not ask them back" How are we to understand our Lord's ...
  A: Let us examine the context of Luke 6:27-33. But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do ...
Historicity of Jesus12/27/2016J. Webb Mealy
  Q: Richard Carrier says that Jesus was a mythical figure and did not even exist historically. How do ...
  A: Carrier's idea is that around 30CE certain Jews started having dreams and visions of an angel named ...
ὁμοὐσιος - substance12/24/2016J. Webb Mealy
  Q: Away from the Church Fathers, are there any clear texts that tell us that Jesus is the same ...
  A: No. On the other hand, the NT authors (and Jesus himself) make a number of affirmations which, when ...
Brother Clifford Readout12/13/2016Clifford H. Readout, Jr.
  Q: a year ago my partner and I were introduced to the 8 steps from death to life. It was a two day ...
  A: I no longer post my copyrighted lessons on AllExperts, nor do I give them away to everyone who asks ...
Death12/11/2016Dave
  Q: CASA, I would like to know where a person goes (if anywhere), when s/he dies. Also is the »self« ...
  A: This is what Jesus promises. NEARLY 2,000 years ago, Jesus, often called the greatest man who ...
Death12/10/2016Roy Wallen
  Q: I would like to know, according to Bible, where a person goes (if anywhere), when s/he dies. Also is ...
  A: A true story is told in Luke 16:19-31 or two men who died. One went to heaven and the other went to ...
?12/5/2016Edward Bode
  Q: Sir, someone who knows scripture complete, was it written anywhere in scripture that Jesus was ugly? ...
  A: I do not know of a NT passage that actually refers to the physical appearance of Jesus as ugly. ...
Death11/27/2016Scott Talbot
  Q: hope u had a good Thanksgiving. Did u have a lot of people over? Ok. Well, my daughter and I were ...
  A: We celebrated Thanksgiving with two other couples from church. It was very nice ... and the meal was ...
Did the Jews Kill JESUS ?11/22/2016Marilyn
  Q: I've been a Christain for some time now and I'm starting to search and questions things in the BIBLE ...
  A: Jesus' death was a collaborative effort between the Jews, specifically the Jewish religious leaders, ...
Celebrating Christmas11/16/2016Edward Bode
  Q: Please tell me what the scriptures says about JESUS Birthday Dec.25th ? Or what your take on this ...
  A: Ray, for writing and your wishes for me and family. Sincere and regular prayer is one important key ...
Religion and christianity11/10/2016Roy Wallen
  Q: I would like to know that is there any words like religion and christianity words exist or explained ...
  A: The short answer is "yes". For example, in Acts when Paul was talking to King Agrippa, he noted the ...
Matthew 25:4611/5/2016J. Webb Mealy
  Q: I keep going around and around with a friend on Facebook about this verse. He insists that even ...
  A: καὶ ἀπελεύσονται ...
"innocent" people - do they have the chance to believe10/24/2016Roy Wallen
  Q: He has a real burden for people who haven't had the chance to hear about God. He has 2 questions: ...
  A: These are hard questions, sorry for the delayed response as I thought about them. The questions ...
Rain10/16/2016Roy Wallen
  Q: Roy Where in the Bible does it say that it never rained before the great flood of Noah ? ...
  A: Bob, In Genesis 2 (specifically verse 5 but the context is important), we see that no rain had ...
Chronicles10/15/2016Scott Talbot
  Q: I have a couple of more questions. In 1st Chronicles ch 3 where the Bible speaks of all Davids ...
  A: I'm so glad that you're studying the Bible so faithfully and consistently. And you don't just read ...
Why in 1 Corinthians 7:15 Paul uses the perfect tense along the present tense?10/7/2016J. Webb Mealy
  Q: 1 Corinthians 7:15 15 Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is ...
  A: My sort of off-the-cuff response would have been that in Greek the perfect tense-form assumes a ...
Scripture9/19/2016Thurman C. Petty, Jr.
  Q: David is described as a man after God's own heart but why did he have so many wives?
  A: Answer: Dear Adam, Thank you for your question about David’s multiple wives. Here is some ...
Scripture9/18/2016Roy Wallen
  Q: Why did david have so many wives?
  A: The short answer is that David had multiple wives because he was a sinner. It is clear that Mosaic ...
Elijah9/14/2016Scott Talbot
  Q: I have a couple questions before I forget them. 1St in 1 Kings ch 19. In v 9 Elijah is hiding in the ...
  A: Joyce! Sorry for the delayed response. We're on vacation, and I haven't been checking my emails as ...
Salvation8/27/2016Scott Talbot
  Q: What are the differences between eternal salvation and everlasting life ? Are they basically saying ...
  A: The two ideas are related. The Bible states in Romans 3:23, "All have sinned and fall short of the ...
2 Samuel ch 248/25/2016Scott Talbot
  Q: Guesss Who? In vs 1, David was told to take what amounted to a census of the people. Im vs 10 David ...
  A: Admittedly, this is a difficult passage. Having studied the original languages in seminary, I have ...
2 Samuel 12:228/12/2016Scott Talbot
  Q: When David says the child wii never come back to him but he will go to the child.. I've heard this ...
  A: Ah, Joyce, this is admittedly a tough one. There are many who believe in an "age of ...
Change8/6/2016Scott Talbot
  Q: teacher Scott, I was told once that if God wants you to do something,that He will put that DESIRE in ...
  A: Hmm. Perhaps He does sometimes ... but not always. Consider Jonah. Here's something to think ...
Exodus 138/1/2016Pastor Don Carpenter
  Q: I would like to know If the ceremony of redemption of the first born male is a buying back from God ...
  A: As I understand the story of the Passover, it seems that the concept is that all the first born are ...
What God breathed into us6/27/2016Scott Talbot
  Q: I am writing to inquire about the phrases in the Bible, "..breathed into his nostrils the breath of ...
  A: When God breathed life into Adam, he turned an inanimate, lifeless object into a living, breathing ...
12 Disciple6/7/2016Mel and Guyna Horne
  Q: Greetings, I was reading a scriptures in 1 Corinthians 15 and happened to came across verse 5 {"5 ...
  A: Apologies for the delay in responding to your question. "Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the ...
Broken in despair5/10/2016Mel and Guyna Horne
  Q: I was genuinely converted after repenting after a godly sort towards Christ, and changed into ...
  A: Greetings Chris, (All scriptures are New King James unless otherwise noted.) "For though by this ...
Broken in despair5/10/2016Roy Wallen
  Q: How can I know for sure that I'm the person described I. Hebrews 6:4-6? I was genuinely converted ...
  A: The passage in Hebrews 6 applies, I believe, to those who saw the truth but didn't accept it ...
Sabbath day4/9/2016Roy Wallen
  Q: Is Saturday the true Sabbath day?
  A: Please excuse the delay in responding to your question. There is no Biblical presentation of which ...
sheep of Israel4/8/2016Edward Bode
  Q: In Matthew 15:24 Our Lord tells a Gentile woman who is in need that He was sent for the "lost sheep ...
  A: Understanding a biblical passage requires examining the context within the book and all scripture. ...
3rd commandment.4/1/2016Roy Wallen
  Q: if I have a tag name called "jesus is god" am I using The Lord's name in vain?
  A: The use of God's name in vain is a matter of context and intent. The statement "Jesus is God" is ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next

Bible Studies

Scott Talbot

Top Expert on this page