Bible Studies/why are the wages of sin death

Aimatame wrote at 2014-04-29 17:49:52
The original question "why are the wages of some death?" Was "answered by asking a series of questions.  The first question was:

Why is water wet?  The word "wet" is a descriptor meaning "containing moisture". Therefore wet describes water.  This is no mystery.

2nd answer/question: Why doesn't it stay dark when you turn the lights off? Because the electric circuit which allowed the light bulbs to receive power has been switched to a position where power is no longer running to the bulb.  Again these are not difficult questions.

3rd question: Why is fire hot? This one does require an explanation of a combustion reaction.  In short, fire is hot due to the release of energy stored in chemical bonds.

4th question: why doesn't my car run without gasoline?  A car motor uses gasoline to power the internal combustion engine.  Without gasoline the engine does not run.  We could push the car down an incline and gravity would take the car to the bottom of the incline.

But these silly questions do not answer the question "why are the wages of sin death?"  Sinning can include lying and gluttony.  If my child lies about his grade at school or eats too much at the buffet table (lying & gluttony) it is not a foregone conclusion that I will put my child to death.  The fact that the bible states the wages of sin is death indicates that god (as described in the Christian New Testament)is a severe disciplinarian.  This does not fit my understanding of God.  I believe "death" means spiritual distance from god & not death of the body.

Bible Studies

Michael Christopher Clayton Hockaday

I have had a major interest in doctrinal topics of the Bible for years. I have studied major topics of the Bible in great detail; not just for my information, but to help others in their searches for truth as well. There are a lot of people in the world who don't know what to do or where to go when looking for answers because everyone seems to have an opinion. This bothers me as well, and I decided the best way to get straight answers, was go to the source itself..God...and His Word, The Bible. I know many answers to major and deep questions including salvation, the end of the world, heaven, hell, Jesus, Angels, Satan, The true Sabbath Day, etc, etc. The list goes on. No, I'm still learning too, so I cannot guarantee to answer every least maybe not as accurately as possible. However, I urge you to post your question to me and I'll be glad to show you my expertise on the subject!

I have studied almost every major doctrine and topic available in the Bible. I have taken Biblical Studies courses from two separate colleges and have a diploma in the area. I have spoken sermons, written many publications, and still continue to challenge my mind.

Too many too mention....literally. I am a very helpful and community/people oriented person.

newspapers, on the internet, magazines, and more.

I have a diploma in Biblical Studies.

Gave a seminar in many Biblical topics behind the pulpit at the age of 18 years.

I run an on-line Christian church group with a current member population of 30 and growing daily.