Bible Studies/Why People fall?

Rev. T wrote at 2013-01-03 21:06:47
In Ex 34:14 we see the word worship.  If you look below for the Hebrew reference to this word, you will see that in the definition is the phrase " fall down (flat)".  Not only did they fall down flat, they layed prostrate, crouched, stooped, and bowed.  So, yes, they were falling down flat at least 6,000 yrs ago.  This is nothing new.

Exo 34:14    (for you shall worship no other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God),

H7812   (Strong)

שׁחה

shâchâh

shaw-khaw'

A primitive root; to depress, that is, prostrate (especially reflexively in homage to royalty or God): - bow (self) down, crouch, fall down (flat), humbly beseech, do (make) obeisance, do reverence, make to stoop, worship.

Bible Studies

Dennis Herman