Bible Studies/Tithing

Chris wrote at 2012-11-08 01:53:43
I think one of the major errors that preachers make is to assume that they have the right to demand support.

The bible teaches that they may freely recieve after they have first freely given (Mat 10:7-8)....but not that they have a right to demand.

Believers have no 'obligation' to give to churches for the support of ministers....or they would not be FREE in accordance with Jesus irrefutable statement Matt 17:26   Jesus said to him, "Then the sons ARE FREE.   NKJV

Claims that New Testament believers should give more to the church than the Old Testament taught are also wrong.....the only sacrificial giving demonstrated was for the NEEDS OF THE POOR (ie Acts 2 and 4 was all given for needs and not ministry expenses or salaries) Peter and John later could say...'Silver and Gold have I NONE' ...unlike most modern preachers.

Most scriptures like 1 Cor 16 about laying up on the first day of the week refer to giving to the POOR....and not church organisations. The money therefore being 'miss-appropriated' for organisational expenses!  

Bible Studies

Todd Tyszka

My degrees and studies are mostly in Christian doctrine but I will answer questions having to do with almost any aspect of Christianity and The Bible.

My experience consists of over 20 years as a Pastor, Youth Pastor, missionary, counselor, teacher, writer, Bible quizzer, and various other leadership positions. I've studied the Bible for over 20 years at 5 different schools/seminaries but I can explain things in simple terms anyone can understand and currently teach Sunday School to 1st-5th graders. I specialize in Christian apologetics (evidences for Christianity) and Polemics (debate denouncing false teachings), as well as understanding difficult verses, and topics such as heaven & hell, denominations/sects, false teachings/heresies/cults, the Holy Spirit, gifts of the Holy Spirit, spiritual warfare, apostolic reformation, emergent/emerging church, prosperity teaching, contradictions/discrepancies, charismatic studies, creation/evolution, Greek/Hebrew studies, end times, deliverance, the apocrypha/pseudepigrapha, etc. I daily answer questions on Global Media Outreach, AllExperts, YouTube, through email, and various personal websites where I have posted many Christian videos.

Graduated from a private Christian High School, went to Nazarene Bible college and then Eastern Nazarene College (Boston) for Youth Ministry and Pastoral Studies/Christian Theology, transferred to Asbury College where I completed my degree in Christian Education and Missions, and most recently attending the Calvary Chapel Bible Institute.