Bible Studies/who were we created for the father or the son

Collosians 1;16 "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:" If all things were created FOR Christ - then why when he came to earth, did he say and do only what the FATHER told him, why did he do the FATHER'S will and not his own in respect to dying on the cross - and why in first ephesians does it say we were created to glorify the FATHER. It would seem to me that this earth was created not for Jesus, but more so for the father?

Thanks for writing, Pete.  Do you believe that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are One?  Even if you donít, you can relate your thoughts about Jesus and His Father, to an earthly father and his obedient son who trusts and honors his father and wants others to honor him also.  An earthly father who loves his only begotten obedient son, wants his son to share all he has.  Does that help you relate to God the Father and His Son, Jesus?
   May we fulfill our destiny as we surrender our self, and reflect His glory.  Have a wonderful Christmas!

Bible Studies

Mrs. Priscilla Lyons

I have time for you. The Bible has been my guiding light for most of the 56 years of my life. My missionary parents in Brazil kindled a love for God`s Word by their example and their love for truth. The Lord has blessed my husband and me with responsible, independent children who love and serve the Lord and are our best friends. I would enjoy discussing any subject or problem from a Biblical perspective.