Bible Studies/Israelites in the wilderness

Hello Brother Talbot,

Maybe I missed something obvious, but since the Israelites in the wilderness had flocks of sheep and herds of cattle, why did they only eat manna, or why were they so concerned about starving before the manna was provided? Or why did they crave the quail? It seems they could have eaten lamb and beef a lot. Thanks for your answer and thanks for volunteering your time like this.

Hi Carl,

This is an interesting question. I never really thought about it before.

As I researched this issue, I came across a web site that says it better than I could. I think you will find it helpful. Here is the link:

If you would like to further discuss this or any other question, feel free to write back.

Bible Studies

Scott Talbot

I have studied the Bible and Bible-related topics since the time I was very young. My education includes a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Bible, and a Master of Divinity degree. I enjoy delving into deep theological issues and always enjoy a healthy debate. But more importantly, I like working with people and helping them to find the answers that they are looking for. And I am convinced that these answers are available in the Bible.

By the grace and mercy of God, I have been saved, born again, adopted into the family of God. God has given me a love for the Bible, and for Bible-related subjects. In addition, He has blessed me with ongoing training in the Scriptures, from my youth on up. The more I learn about God through His Word, the more I want to share!

Campus Crusade for Christ, Grace Church at Willow Valley

Pillsbury Baptist Bible College - B.S. Bible & Pastorology; Calvary Baptist Theological Seminary - M.Div.