Bible Studies/THE 4TH COMMANDMENT

Question
Hey Rev.Dacre

The 4th Commandment states:
4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Does that also mean I'm not suppose to have any statues of JESUS CHRIST in my home or pictures of HIM ?

I've been brought-up with JESUS having blonde hair,blue eyes and white skin. Now you and I know that JESUS came from the middle East. And people of that location have: Dark hair,Dark eyes and skin.

So I really don't actually know what my Lord JESUS looks like?
What is the answers to these questions if you will please.

GOD BLESS YOU Rev. Dcare
Ray M.

Answer
DEAR RAY,

JESUS WOULD PREFER THAT YOU DIDN'T DO THIS.

BECAUSE IT LIMITS HIS DEITY. AS HE IS A PART OF THE GODHEAD NOW, NOT A MERE HUMAN FIGURE.

HENCE THE IMAGE THAT JOHN SAW IN REVELATIONS.

BUT IF YOU LIKE AN IMAGE ITS OK.

GOD BLESS

PSI PREFER TO PLEASE GOD AND NOT SELF IN THESE MATTERS.

Bible Studies

Rev Philip Dacre