Bible Studies/breath of life

Question
Passages in both the old and new testament indicate that either God the father or Jesus imparted God's spirit or the breath of life upon people. Does this mean that the human race does not always have the breath of life and has it only at certain times?

Answer
Hello Colin, thank you for allowing me to assist you. First, please forgive me for taking so long to answer, duties have kept me busy over the last couple of days.

Now in looking at your question, I assume your are talking about the breath of life that made man an animated "soul" or living body:

Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

This "Breath of Life" does not leave man until he falls to sleep in death. The air we and all living things breath is the continuation of the breath of life infused into our blood to sustain us:

Psalm 104:29
Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.

Psalm 146:4
His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

So as we see from scripture, the breath of life is always with man until he ceases to exist.

I hope this answers your question, if I can be of further assistance or clarification is needed please do not hesitate to follow up.

God Bless You;

Rev. Darryl Murphy

Bible Studies

Rev. Darryl Murphy