Bible Studies/Israel

Question
Trying to understand the current battle between Israel and Palestinians in light of Zachariah 11:12-14. Can you help me?5u3ht

Answer
Hello Pat and thank you for writing.

Understanding the battle between Israel and Palestine can be a difficult thing if one is not searching deeper into the scriptures and histories of the struggle. As for Zacharia 11:12-14:

12 And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.

13 And the Lord said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the Lord.

14 Then I cut asunder mine other staff, even Bands, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel.

The above scriptures have very little to do with the present battle with Israel and Palestine except for the pronouncement of judgement on Israel for rejecting the True Shepard "Jesus Christ".

Viewing it this way, we find that because Israel rejected the Messiah they have fallen into Judgement for their disobedience and failure to accept fully the Word of God and his messenger. However, Zacharia 11 was not written and prophesying about the Palestinian/Israeli Battles.

In understanding the battle between the two nations, we must look at the views of Birth Rights. The Palestinian Muslims, just like all other Muslims, believe that Ishamael, being the first born to Abraham is the rightful heir of the promises of God. Whereas the Christian and Judaic belief is that Isaac, although the second born, is the "Promised Child". The Islamic belief is that the scriptures were corrupted and re-written to state Isaac instead of Ishmael as the child of promise.

We also have to review the woes unto Israel. Both in Quran and Bible, we see the Jews continually being disobedient and falling into judgments such as wars, captivity, loss of a land of their own etc etc. When we review it in this manner we find that the Palestinian land throughout history did not belong to the Jews; for this reason the Palestinians maintain that this land, the Gaza strip areas etc, is their land. However, Scriptures tell us that one day God would establish a land for his people, a land of houses they did not build, vineyards they did not plant etc.

Imagine living in a land you believed to be rightfully yours; then one day, politicians seeking to resolve issues in their own lands join with the interests of others and decide to divide the land and establish another "national home" for others there. Carving out areas of land where you once dwelled and giving it to others. This is what began to happen in 1917 with the 'Balfour Declaration or Balfour Agreement". Israel was established in 1948.

The original aggression was against the political beliefs and actions of the "Zionists", a group of Jews who believe in an "Independent Jewish State or National Home" in Palestine. This however did become all encompassing against all Jews and/or Israel.

It should be noted that all Muslims do not hold this aggression against Israel, nor do all Jews hold aggression or hatred of Muslims..this is primarily the feelings of "Zionist" Jews and Jihadist Muslims#as we would call them#. More simply put...Extremist Jews and Muslims.

Is any of this Biblical and Prophesied? Yes it is...the prophecy of Armageddon or the "Battle of Meggido" is directly related and being fulfilled in this conflict.

Because of the complexity of this issue as relates to finding it in scriptures, history etc. I did not refer to the scriptures but rather gave an overview of some of the issues relating to the struggle. This issue is actually an in depth study in Biblical eschatology.

I pray that this helps and gives you a starting point in researching the issue. If I can be of more help, you need Biblical reference or clarification, please do not hesitate to follow up.

God Bless and Keep You

Rev. Darryl Murphy

Bible Studies

Rev. Darryl Murphy