Bible Studies/sabbath

Question
Good day
Should we keep the Sabbath or not keep the Sabbath. This is so far my understanding the Sabbath was there before if we could say religion was because in the beginning God rest, thus the start, secondly God gave to Moses the 4th commandment of the ten commandments to keep the Sabbath holy, so here I see two strong references for us to keep the Sabbath.

So now so far iv encountered these arguments, some say that we do not have to keep the Sabbath for in the N.T it says were are not to held responsible for new moons, Sabbath days, and all the Jewish traditional ordinances, ok but I found this to be wrong for the Sabbath here refers to festivals. Some also use the argument that the disciples told the gentiles only that they shouldn't eat meat offered to idols,blood,strangled etc, thus they say here is no mention of a Sabbath,but I found this to be wrong also because here in they mention none of the ten commandments also they assumed keeping of ten commandments would come naturally as they only state things due to certain traditional believes as this answer came after the subject of circumcision. Some say, never mind God doesn't matter what day you keep the Sabbath.

So which is right? Further id like to say the keeping of the Sabbath is part of the ten commandments,in Gods eye you break one you break them all, this does not mean that I assume to keap all the commandments for im saved by grace and thus I keep the commandments for it is good in Gods eyes, for he says those you believe and keep my commandments will see heaven,he also say why do you call me lord and do not the things I say.

Sorry for the messy explanation above of my understanding of the 4th commandment, but I needed to get my point through as I don't see why people don't consider the 4th commandment just as important as any other, because there is no difference in Gods eye, for Christ HIMSELF says I did not come to do away with the law but to fulfil it, we today are not under the law but the law is written in out hearts, so please tell me why you think the Sabbath is not important?

Thank you in this regard and il be expecting your reply,till then.

Answer
Please consider this Study -The Sabbath for the children of Israel
Your additional Comments are welcome.

The children of Israel (Gen.49:28, Ex.20:2 below) will keep the Sabbath throughout their generations AS A SIGN between God and ISRAEL for ever (Mal.4:4, Ex.31:16-17, Eze.20:12, Eze.20:20 below).

Israel will continue to walk in God’s judgments, and observe God’s statutes in the “new” earth (Eze.37:24 below).

To the church of God (1 Cor.10:32 below - Jesus’ living body, Col.1:24 below) judge not as to the Sabbath days (Col.2:16-17 below).

In Christ Jesus, the church (1 Cor.10:32 below) are free indeed (John 8:36, Gal.5:1 below).

Gen.49:28   All these are the twelve tribes of Israel (Jacob): and this is it that their father (Jacob/Israel) spake unto them, and blessed them; every one according to his blessing he blessed them.

Exe.20:2   I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee (Israel) out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

Mal.4:4     Remember ye THE LAW of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb FOR ALL ISRAEL, WITH the statues and judgments (Gen.49:28 above).

Ex.31:16    Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath THROUGHOUT THEIR GENERATIONS, FOR A PERPETUAL COVENANT.

Ex.31:17    IT IS A SIGN BETWEEN ME AND THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL (Mal.4:4 above) FOR EVER: for [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Eze.20:12   Moreover also I gave them (the children of Israel – Mal.4:4, Ex.31:16-17 above) my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I [am] the LORD that sanctify them.

Eze.20:20   And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I [am] the LORD your God.

1 Cor.10:32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God.

Col.1:24    Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for His body's sake, which IS the church (1 Cor.10:32 above).

Col.2:16   Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days (Mal.4:4, Ex.31:16-17, Eze.20:12 above):

Col.2:17   Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ (1 Cor.10:32, Col.1:24 above).

John 8:36    If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Gal.5:1    Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free (John 8:36 above), and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Israel in the “New” Earth -

Eze.37:24   And David my servant shall be king over them; and they ALL shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

Patricia © Bible Prophecy on the Web

Bible Studies

Patricia Burns