Bible Studies/Angels, demons and lucifer/satan

Question
Hi, my name is Briana i started watching a show recently (Supernatural) and though it is fictional it has roused my interest in what the bible says about these creatures. I was wondering if you could recommend a book or bible study on these beings. I know they aren't to be worshiped and don't have a role in salvation, but i would like to investigate then from an intellectual perspective. I was surprised to find that there actually isn't that much about lucifer/satan in the bible, i don't know where we get most of our theories about him, is there more information in books that were rejected from "the bible"? I don't understand if lucifer/satan is the same person, how angels "fell" and what exactly is the role of an angel? Sorry to bombard you with these questions, i just have no idea where to find credible resources. thanks for your time!

Answer
Hi Briana,

It's good that you are studying this subject. There are certain things God wants us to know about angels (and fallen angels, or demons), and that is why the Bible talks about them.

If you go to Amazon.com and do a search for "Angels," you will find a number of books on the topic. Two that I would recommend are both entitled, "Angels"--one written by Dr. David Jeremiah, and the other by Billy Graham.

If I can help further, let me know.

Scott

Bible Studies

Scott Talbot