Bible Studies/Jesus Death

Question
Hello Rev Philip

Could I ask you to explain to me.

Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. -Matthew 27:50
And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; -Matthew 27:51
And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, -Matthew 27:52
And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. -Matthew 27:53
Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God. -Matthew 27:54

It would be of great help to me to understand the full understanding and how the above scriptures ref to the 2nd coming of Our Lord.
I have had no teaching in this at all! So am searching myself.

Thankyou for your time
Christain Blessings

Answer
Dear SW,

As far as I am concerned these scriptures you have quoted are totally involved in the first coming of Jesus Christ. Nothing to do with the second coming. How could you construe them to be so?

The saints walked around Jerusalem
The veil was torn
The centurion said what he said.

What reference at all is here about the second coming?

God bless

Bible Studies

Rev Philip Dacre