Bible Studies/wonders

Question
Good Day

Regarding matthew 7 v 22-23. Does this mean that one can have the holy spirit and still not enter into heaven as these people were doing wonders or does this mean that they never had the holy spirit and were doing these wonders due to a false spirit thus Christ saying he never knew them, but then why did they say they did all these things in Christ name?

Answer
I Never Knew You – Matthew 7:21-23

At Matthew 7:21-23 below, Jesus is speaking of Tares.  Tares will grow together with the good seed, (the children of the kingdom - Matt.13:38, Acts.17:29, Gal.3:26, the wheat - Matt.13:30) to the end.  Tares are those Jesus will profess He never knew.

Tares are Satan’s children  - Psalm 58:3, John 8:37-47, 1 John.3:8-10, John 3:12, 1 Matthew 13:38, Revelation 2:9.

Matt.7:21    Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matt.7:22    Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Matt.7:23    And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Patricia © Bible Prophecy on the Web
google.com/+PatriciaBurns

Bible Studies

Patricia Burns