Bible Studies/the dispensation of God

I am reading a book by witness less in which he claims that while God and Jesus were one and together since eternity - it wasnt until the plan of salvation came into effect that God PLACED himself inside Jesus so he could reach us more fully. Is there any biblical evidence to back this up. Thankyou

Hi Pete,

You asked whether or not there is any biblical evidence to back up the claim that God placed himself inside Jesus only when the plan of salvation came into effect.

Absolutely not! There is no evidence for this whatsoever. To the contrary, the Bible is clear that Jesus, the second member of the Trinity, is inextricably linked with God the Father and has been since the beginning of time.

Consider John 1:1-5:  "1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it."

The teachings of Witness Lee and Watchman Nee and the "Local Church" movement are heretical and are considered by many to be a cult. When reading their material, stay on your guard, as some of their heresy is subtle and very deceiving.

Bible Studies

Scott Talbot

I have studied the Bible and Bible-related topics since the time I was very young. My education includes a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Bible, and a Master of Divinity degree. I enjoy delving into deep theological issues and always enjoy a healthy debate. But more importantly, I like working with people and helping them to find the answers that they are looking for. And I am convinced that these answers are available in the Bible.

By the grace and mercy of God, I have been saved, born again, adopted into the family of God. God has given me a love for the Bible, and for Bible-related subjects. In addition, He has blessed me with ongoing training in the Scriptures, from my youth on up. The more I learn about God through His Word, the more I want to share!

Campus Crusade for Christ, Grace Church at Willow Valley

Pillsbury Baptist Bible College - B.S. Bible & Pastorology; Calvary Baptist Theological Seminary - M.Div.