Bible Studies/Catholicism and Protestantism.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Dennis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholicism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestantism

What are the Similarities and Differences in Catholicism and Protestantism ?

Are there different churches for both ?. i.e. Catholics go for worship and praying the all mighty to a different church and Protestants go to a different church ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: This could be a very long and detailed answer.  If you want to find the difference between different religions, I would suggest you search the internet.  Some web sites list just about every denomination and links to their fundamental beliefs we call doctrines.  

I will answer based on my studies of the Bible.  

Jesus taught His disciples to ignore doctrine.  He knew if the disciples taught doctrine, the message He gave them would never be spread across the world.  Read the New Testament.  Over 200 texts clearly state the message Jesus gave His disciples to teach, which is the prophecies Jesus fulfilled.  This is known as God's plan of salvation.  The churches either lost or prefer to ignore this message. Paul referred to it as the message of unity.  

Why do churches ignore the message Jesus gave them to teach?  Why do churches prefer to teach separation?  Money seems to be the determining factor.  When Jesus cleansed the temple, He gave a clear illustration.  Most divorces end on the note of money.  Jesus attacked the money, but did not take a cent for Himself. He left it all there in the temple court.  It was a message.  Money will be the end of organized religion.  

Prophecy is another tool churches use to cause separation.  This is another message Jesus taught inside and outside the temple court.  Factions came together in the temple court and joined together with the government, representatives from Herod to do away with Jesus.  Their differences in prophecy separated them.  The all had their own interpretations and they were all wrong.  

Just my opinion, but until the world puts away doctrine and future prophecy, they cannot fully return to God to learn the message He has for this world.  

This is only a brief summary of what I have found.  Feel free to ask for more detail.  

QUESTION: Dear Dennis

Thank you.

Christianity Religion is broadly divided into two different Divisions  or Communities viz Catholics and Protestants.

This are my views mentioned below from my side.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God has founded the religion Christianity. Mother Mary is Mother of the Lord. Both are Great. The Holy Churches are open to all whether Catholics or Protestants and not only Catholics or Protestants but to all other religions.

I personally born Hindu religion by birth visit Different churches
St Lewis Church, Mount Mary Church, St Michael Church. The Dear Friends, Brothers and Sisters of those churches allow me to enter the church, pray and worship before the All Mighty. I get mental peace. They do not stop me to enter the church just because i am from a different religion.

I personally feel Catholics should be allowed to visit the Protestants Churches and Protestants should be allowed to enter the Catholics Churches and they should do this.

I also personally feel there should be a common church for both the communities and not different churches for the Catholics and Protestants communities.

Note : Mother Mary is Mother of the Lord itself. Both are Great.
God is Great. Regarding my above opinion and views, can you please reply me with your views ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
I really don't know.  I don't study religion at all. I stick to God's Word as a reference and a guide. Jesus came to reach Jews and Gentiles.  I don't think Jesus judges people by the names they put on religions. I think these names are meant to separate people and take their focus off God's plan of salvation.  

Bible Studies

Dennis Herman