Bible Studies/Catholicism and Protestantism.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Mrs Priscilla

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholicism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestantism

What are the Similarities and Differences in Catholicism and Protestantism ?

Are there different churches for both ?. i.e. Catholics go for worship and praying the all mighty to a different church and Protestants go to a different church ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Thank you for writing.  You’re covering a broad subject area.  My response is a narrow comment on all Catholicism and Protestantism, as well as all other religions.
   No religion will reach the All Mighty any better than the Tower of Babel (Genesis 11).  Catholics and Protestants have the Bible, God’s record of creation and purpose for life, but every individual has to respond to the Message God has provided for us.  
   The Bible says that God sent His Son to provide eternal life for everyone who entrusts him/herself completely to Him through the death and resurrection Jesus paid for our sins.  Romans 6:23 “The wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”  Is He your Lord?
   No church provides eternal life, although church attendance can be very helpful.
   Have a wonderful day and a wonderful forever through Jesus Christ our Lord!
   Priscilla Lyons

QUESTION: Dear Mrs. Priscilla

Thank you.

Christianity Religion is broadly divided into two different Divisions  or Communities viz Catholics and Protestants.

This are my views mentioned below from my side.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God has founded the religion Christianity. Mother Mary is Mother of the Lord. Both are Great. The Holy Churches are open to all whether Catholics or Protestants and not only Catholics or Protestants but to all other religions.

I personally born Hindu religion by birth visit Different churches
St Lewis Church, Mount Mary Church, St Michael Church. The Dear Friends, Brothers and Sisters of those churches allow me to enter the church, pray and worship before the All Mighty. I get mental peace. They do not stop me to enter the church just because i am from a different religion.

I personally feel Catholics should be allowed to visit the Protestants Churches and Protestants should be allowed to enter the Catholics Churches and they should do this.

I also personally feel there should be a common church for both the communities and not different churches for the Catholics and Protestants communities.

Note : Mother Mary is Mother of the Lord itself. Both are Great.
God is Great. Regarding my above opinion and views, can you please reply me with your views ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: No matter what affiliation one has (or doesn’t have), if a person isn’t willing to trust our Creator and His provision of a Savior and Lord, it won’t matter how much or how little worship is done by that person.  John 14:6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one comes unto the Father, but by Me.”  

Churches are usually open to anyone, but I think small groups of like minded people can encourage one another better than a large church that doesn’t stand for anything particular, and usually falls for anything, even if the Bible speaks against it.   

I’m thankful to trust in my Creator Who knows much more than I do, and cares for me, plus I appreciate His valuable Word, the Bible (preserved at great cost), so I can learn about what God wants to do in my life.  Even though I want everyone to reach the unique potential with which God created each person, I wouldn’t want everyone to be just like me.

I Timothy 2:5 “For there is one God, and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus.”  May you have the Way, Truth, and Life of God through Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior from your sins.

Sincerely,
Priscilla Lyons

QUESTION: Dear Mrs Priscilla

Thank you.

Statistically if we take a count of Total Number of Catholics and Total Number of Protestants in all countries, which will be more in number ?.

This can be calculated by the simple mathematical formula of summation.

Just As a example,

1. Country : USA Total Number of Catholics : 2000000. Total Number of Protestants : 1500000.
2. Country : United Kingdom Total Number of Catholics : 1500000. Total Number of Protestants : 2000000.

Total Number of Catholics in the world = Sum of Catholics in every country.
Total Number of Protestants in the world = Sum of Protestants in every country.

As we know, Every Christian baby born in a family will be either a Catholic or a Protestant.

Note : The above example does not show any real figures, the numbers shown are taken just for computation.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
A baby can’t be a true Christian.  A person has to be old enough to understand ones need for a Savior from ones sins.  If that person surrenders him/herself to God to have Jesus’ death and resurrection pay for his/her sins, then that person becomes a Christian.  Each person must choose for him/herself.  Family connections won’t get you into heaven.

Only God can see into our hearts and minds.  Only He knows who truly belongs to Him, those who are true Christians.  The label on the outside doesn’t guarantee anything on the inside.

Please make sure you have received God’s gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord, ok?

Sincerely,
Priscilla Lyons

Bible Studies

Mrs. Priscilla Lyons