Bible Studies/Catholicism and Protestantism.

Question
Dear Rev. Darryl Murphy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholicism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestantism

What are the Similarities and Differences in Catholicism and Protestantism ?

Are there different churches for both ?. i.e. Catholics go for worship and praying the all mighty to a different church and Protestants go to a different church ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hello and thank you for writing. As I reviewed your question and posted links, I am unsure what it is that you are asking. However, in answer too are there different Churches for both, the answer would be yes. Catholics hold their services in a Catholic Church while Protestants have their own places of worship.

As far a similarities and differences, they would be found in the theologies and doctrines of the faiths. In some Protestant Churches (Lutheran, Episcopal etc.) The service is quite similar to that of the Catholic Churches, including the rituals. The difference would be in the Catholics view of Papal Authority and other core doctrines and the Protestant Churches rejection of them.

If you could be more specific in what you are looking for, I would be more than happy to assist you in this. Please don't hesitate to follow up.

Sincerely

Rev. Darryl Murphy  

Bible Studies

Rev. Darryl Murphy