Bible Studies/What Deity or Spiritual Being fits this physical description?

Question
What Deity or Spiritual Being fits this physical description?

When I was little I had reoccurring dreams and visions of this human form bathed in a whitey-blue light, and now I've been having them again and I'd just like to know if anyone has heard of them before, or if I'm just going a little crazy.

They have pitch black dark hair, really pale white skin almost like marble, their form is half woman half man (they're always nude), their palms are always open towards me, and their beauty is so indescribable - their beauty is unworldly, full lips.

And I think (even though I'm not religious) that they have said God's name to me quite a bit - so perhaps they're from Judaism or Christianity?

Thank you

Answer
Dear Chloe,

One’s sanity cannot be determined by the content of dreams and visions!  So, I suggest you relax on that issue.  Neither is truth determined on the basis of such phenomena.  There are a few facts that you must consider if you are going to use your experiences to help you come to the Truth.

1. Dreams and visions are subjective experiences, dependent on the mind set of the one having the experience.  It is important to have an objective authority, one that is set apart from one’s own governance, that can determine the validity of the experience.  I have been persuaded that The Bible is the only objective authority about God and spiritual phenomena.

You ask, “What Deity or Spiritual Being fits this physical description?” Humanity has imagined millions of idols, imaginary gods.  It may be possible that one of them fits the description you have provided.  However, those descriptions do not match those given to us in The Bible.

It is important that we not give too much credence to spiritual phenomena that cannot be validated by objective authority.  There are physical and spiritual beings who would prevent you form finding the Truth.  Deception is a primary technique.

2Corinthians 11:3-4 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.  4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2.  God is Transcendent, and can only be known through His Manifestation in time and space.  His ultimate, personal manifestation occurred when He became flesh as The Lord Jesus Christ.

You wrote: “And I think (even though I'm not religious) that they have said God's name to me quite a bit - so perhaps they're from Judaism or Christianity?”

It is important that you understand that “God” is a “generic” title, and not really a name.  God has revealed Himself in The Bible by many names, each one of them expressing something about the relationship He was offering to mankind. God has revealed one ultimate name, a name above all others, by which He is to be known.

Philippians 2:5  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:  6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:  7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:  8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.  9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:  10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;  11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.  11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.  12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

1Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

3.  There are a few passages in The Bible that give descriptions of the appearance of God’s spiritual manifestations.  All of them use figurative terms designed to express some aspect of His power.  They are not very helpful if our hope is to get a mental image of the physical appearance of His manifestation. God always reveals Himself to be masculine.  Any dream or vision that suggests otherwise is not of God.
Revelation 1:13-18 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.  14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;  15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.  16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.  17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
  - clothed with a garment down to the foot
  - girt about the paps with a golden girdle
  - His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow
  - his eyes were as a flame of fire
  - his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace
  - his voice as the sound of many waters
  - when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead.

Ezekiel 1:26-28  And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.  27 And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.  28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.
2:1  And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.  2 And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me.  3 And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day.  4 For they are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD.  5 And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them.
  - the appearance of a man
  - from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about
  - This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD.
  - And when I saw it, I fell upon my face

4. More important than the physical descriptions provided is the effect of receiving a genuine encounter with a manifestation of God.

Revelation 1:13-18 - when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead.

Ezekiel 1:26-28 – “when I saw it, I fell upon my face”

Job 42:5-6 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.  6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.
  - “I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.”

Isaiah 6:1-5  In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.  2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.  3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.  4 And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
5  Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.
  - “Woe is me! for I am undone...”

Luke 5: 4 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. 5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.  6 And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.  7 And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink.  8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus’ knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.
  - “Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.”

Acts 9:3-9 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:  4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. 6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. 7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.  8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.  9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.
  - he fell to the earth ... trembling and astonished ... he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink

The examples we are given in The Bible inform us that a spiritual encounter with God invariably results in a deep understanding that we are not worthy of being in His presence and not nearly as “good” as we think we are,  It also motivates us to a new dimension of repentance and desire to serve Him.
Encountering God, even if only in a dream or vision, will result in repentance and a strong determination to serve The Lord Jesus Christ.

In conclusion, the description of the being in your dreams certainly are not descriptions of God.  I am not aware of any false god that fits that description, either.  But, as I mentioned, people have imagined millions of false gods.  I am not familiar with all of their descriptions.

I suggest that you not ascribe any particular significance to those dreams.

I hope this helps.

CR

Bible Studies

Clifford H. Readout, Jr.