Bible Studies/coalition for marriage

Dear Brian,

This is not a question. I have been trying to find a way to contact you since I was told of your 'removal'  from your post as chaplain, because of your Christian views on marriage, which I share. This morning, in our church prayer meeting before our morning service, we prayed for you. The young man who prepares our prayer bulletin each week regularly updates us with news and prayer requests from the Christian Institute and similar organisations and we have prayed fervently for many brothers and sisters sidelined or worse because of deeply held Christian principles, now including yourself. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.
May the Lord bless you as you faithfully proclaim and stand by what the Bible teaches.
Lynda Spencer

Dear Lynda

Thank you very much for your words of encouragement, and the assurance of the prayerful support of your fellowship. I have been surprised, and heartened, at the number of folk who have cleverly used this site to contact me with similar support.  Others have used my blog to contact me via a comment.

I have been not only heartened, but also humbled, by the support that I have received.  Indeed, I have not had a single adverse comment from anyone.  If you wish to check out my blog, you will see that I have also been greatly strengthened by the Lord.  Trust me, it's worth a look!!

The continuing prayer support of your church gathering will be greatly appreciated.  May I ask that you remember my wife, Joyce, as well.  She suffers from a condition known as Fibromyalgia and this is exacerbated by stress.

You don't say where your church meets, but one of the wonderful aspects of this is the reminder that the family of God is everywhere - even in our contemporary British society.  

Thank you for making contact.  

Blessings, and shalom.

Bible Studies

Rev C.Brian Ross

I am happy to offer answers to anyone with a question that refers to the Christian Faith in its widest possible sense. I believe that the Bible is the living Word of God, and seek to base all of my life on its teaching. I also have some knowledge of some of the cults, and of Islam and Judaism. Of course, my answers are just one man's thoughts, and I would always advise a questioner to check with others, and with the Word of God.

Served as a full-time parish minister in Scotland for about six years, and then spent the last thirty as a teacher (now 'retired') of Religious Education in Secondary Comprehensive schools (ages 11-17) while continuing my own preaching and teaching ministry. I have spent three years as a voluntary Chaplain with Strathclyde Police Force. I also believe that learning is a life-time process, and have recently completed a Master's degree in Divinity. I now spend most of my time in France, ministering mainly to English-speaking groups.

Former Presenter on Revival FM - a local Christian, community radio station, broadcasting in west central Scotland, and online at Involved with a number of organisations that support Christians who are currently suffering persecution in some 70 countries around the world. Until the formation of the new Police Scotland Force, I was a Chaplain with Strathclyde Police Force, deployed within 'Q' and 'N' Divisions, and also responsible for the Force Training and Recruitment Centre.

Various articles in Christian magazines. I also maintain a blog - My first book, Great Words of the Faith, is available as a Kindle e-book at My second book, Foundations of the Faith, is available as a Kindle e-book at*Version*=1&*entries*=0

Diploma of The Bible Training Institute, Glasgow; Licentiate in Theology of the University of Glasgow; Associateship of The Philosophical Society of England; Bachelor of Arts Degree (Hons) in History from The Open University; Post-grad Certificate of Education - Religious Education and History; Post-grad Certificate in Learning and Teaching; Post-grad Diploma in Management and Learning in Education; Master of Science Degree from the University of Strathclyde; Master of Divinity Degree (with Distinction) from Trinity College and Seminary (accredited by the University of Liverpool)